Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Am I the only person who doesn't care about the Cheney hunting accident?

Really, the politics blogosphere, left and right, seems to be going nuts about this thing. Even the normally collected and reasonable folks over at Kos seem to be insisting that the accident is indicative of, well, something. But really, I'm so disinterested in the whole that I can't even bring myself to read their arguments. Would someone care to explain to me, in a nutshell, why this event is relevant?

Maybe it's the fact that I grew up around people who hunt. Maybe it's the fact that guns are about the only issue on which I am staunchly conservative. Maybe it's the fact that I'm already convinced that Cheney is a Sith lord, and therefore I expect him to do things like shoot people.

I just think there are far greater things to worry about now, and I'm certain that this event won't be the downfall of the Bush administration. Harping on it for even one second makes the lefties look rather petty. If they want to further things, they should go back to focusing on things that really do matter and really do affect the general public, such as, oh, say, perhaps... a massive domestic spying program.

You know, the whole thing is making me reconsider my evaluation of the left "netroots." Maybe they are just fickle and neurotic. Maybe they don't have an over-arching plan. Maybe the neocon spin-masters have managed to push the Cheney issue to the forefront, and the lefty bloggers have taken the bait. And then suddenly, everyone's forgotten about Spygate. Great job fellas... Great job. Keep this up and we'll have the '08 election locked up for sure.

1 Comments:

At 8:46 PM, Blogger brenda said...

I think it's just too easy of fodder--I mean, it's a thousand political cartoons without even trying

 

Post a Comment

<< Home