Thursday, February 02, 2006

Coachella 2006

Someone should have directed Juan Ponce de León to the California desert, not the Florida swamp.

This year, I shall again subject myself to the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival. I missed the first year (no car to travel to it) and last year (in deference to my oppressive academic load). This year, however, I shall return. Why shall I return to the desert heat, overpriced water, and massive, agoraphobia-inducing crowd? Because I'm a sucker? Nay. Because Coachella makes me feel young. Coachella helps me remain plugged in to the music scene. It helps me stay "hip." And I inevitably hear some good music while there. This year shall be no exception, as you can see with the line-up to the right. If your are someone I know outside of the electronic world, and would like to attend, contact me soon. I already have a hotel room reserved (NEVER camp at Coachella. Not unless you like really like both hard drugs and human fecal matter.)

One question, however: WHY does Goldenvoice continue to book Oakie? Why? There are so many better DJs out there...

2 Comments:

At 6:23 PM, Blogger brenda said...

link to Coachella site?

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Zac said...

Done. Click the picture...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home