Monday, May 01, 2006

Travelblogue, Coachella 2006 10: Sunday Summary

Well, I deem Zac's trip to Coachella a success. Sunday went just as well as Saturday, and probably better, overall. I thoroughly enjoyed every act I watched today. Here's the summary, with the briefest of comments.
  • Matisyahu - Unexpectedly good. Like, prog-reggae or something. Doesn't sound like it would work, but it does.
  • Bloc Party - Outstanding. Just outstanding.
  • The Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Karen O is an outstanding rock & roll performer. She looks like she could have studied under Iggy Pop. Imagine Iggy, but with femenine sexuality, and occasional jaunts into girliness. Bonus points for swallowing the mic and screaming (I haven't seen that since the Murder City Devils' Spencer Moody did in back in Santa Cruz in October of 2001).
  • Massive Attack - You know how Mezzanine sounds really good when you turn up the volume and the bass really loud? Yeah, imagine that times, oh, about 100. Fantastic treatment of "Karma Coma" in particular.
  • Tool - These guys were my first concert back in '98, in a very small venue in a town that rarely gets visited by tours. They're still good and creepy in the way that only Tool can be.
I'll expand on everything later - there's much I'd like to say still... But for now, I have to get to sleep, as I have a flight to catch tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home