Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Recent Purchases

Two new packages from Amazon finally made their way to me today. Yes, I'd rather go crate digging than buy online, but there is not a single decent record shop, at least with regards to anything I listen to, within the greater Sacramento area. Anyway, the contents of the packages:
  • Brian Eno and David Byrne - My Life in the Bush of Ghosts (reissue) - Amazing, a record I should've bought years ago gets a reissue that actually makes me thankful for waiting.
  • The Chemical Brothers - Believe parts 1&2 - Finally trying to get back on the completist bandwagon, despite Astralwerks' every effort to deter me.
  • The DFA Remixes, Chapter One - Craziness... The current track, "Blues Explosion - Mars, Arizona (DFA Remix)" sounds like what would've happened had the Stooges developed an amiable relationship with disco and gotten the Chemical Brothers to produce the record.
  • DFA Compilation #2 - Again, here we have the only people in contemporary dance music who are doing anything to excite me. Wonderful stuff.
Digesting them currently...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home