Friday, April 28, 2006

Travelblogue, Coachella 2006 01: Sac Intl Airport

So I made the somewhat quesitonable decision to take my work laptop along with me on my trip to Coachella. This is a certain sign that I am entirely too internet-dependent. Nevertheless, I couldn't resist the notion of blogging my Coachella trip as it happens. And, of course, I couldn't leave the slightly less internet-dependent Brenda without a computer at home, so I had to leave my personal one behind.

I'm currently checked in and waiting for my flight at the Sacramento International Airport. And enjoying the free wi-fi. The last time I traveled with a computer - December of 2003 - was the first time I used wi-fi. It was in the Dallas airport, and I had to pay for it. Now, beautifully, businesses are treating it as just another standard service, along the lines of restrooms and drinking fountains.

My flight to Ontario is running 25 minutes late, departing at 9:00 PM instead of 8:35 PM. Hopefully, when I land, I'll still have time to pick up my rental car before 11:00 PM and drive to Palm Springs so as to not loose my coveted hotel reservation. If I have to sleep in an airport tonight, Coachella will be a bear tomorrow...

Expect another post late tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home