Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The Coolest Thing to Enter My Life in Recent Months...

Tonight, I was grilling some burgers for dinner. The burgers, onions, and tomatoes were on the grill. Yes, I said "the tomatoes were on the grill" - it didn't work that well, so don't bother trying it... Anyway, everything was on the grill, and getting to be pretty in-need of a flip. So I headed back into the kitchen to look for my metal spatula. But my one metal spatula was dirty and in the dishwasher. All the others were plastic, and not suitable for grilling. However, I quickly solved my dilema when I remembered an old Christmas gift that I'd stored away, unopened. It was a set of BBQ tools: a metal brush (for cleaning the grill), a pair of tongs, and a metal spatula. I opened the case and retrieved the spatula, expecting, you know, just a metal spatula. But upon closer examination, I realized that this was much more than "just a spatula." Behold: Isn't it cool? What, don't see what I'm talking about? Look closer: Yes, not only is it a spatula, suitable for flipping assorted pieces of meat and whatever else you may like to grill, but it is also a bottle opener. And if you look at the pictures, you will notice that one edge is serrated, so as to serve as a knife. What the larger prongs on the other side are for, I haven't quite figured out yet... But anyway, isn't that just about the coolest thing you've seen in a while? And it's so sterotypically male. This thing is so bloody masculine, I am dubbing it the Man Tool. Yes, I realize that sounds like a very poorly conceived nickname for one's member, but I can't think of another name that conveys the level of masculinity contained so eloquently within this one simple item.

2 Comments:

At 11:33 AM, Blogger Zac said...

"BE - Basic Essentials: 8 piece BBQ Set" (there are some skewers and a fork I hadn't noticed before)"

Under the umbrella of "Tabletops Unlimited." Packeaged in a big tube with green cuffs. I think this most likely comes from either Bed Bath & Beyond or Linens & Things - whichever one is in Medford. Uncertain as to it's true origin, however...

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger tjkrbrown said...

My wife came home with the same amazing tool, only it was all metal. I asked her where she got it, and she said it was in a sale bin at some home store, like Home Depot. It had no label on it, so I couldn't figure out the manufacturer. I've been surfing on the internet for days, trying to find it for a xmas gift for male relatives, without luck. Finally, I found it as part of a set for 60 bucks. Since I wanted just the one tool, this didn't help, but what did help was the name of the thing. It's called a 4-in-1 spatula. Armed with this knowledge, I was able to find it in multiple places on line. The place I purchased my half-dozen was, of all places, uhaul.com. That's right, the moving people. They have one for 6 bucks. Now that's the right price...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home