Thursday, June 22, 2006

How did I go nine days without blogging?

Seriously... June 13th through June 22nd? What have I been doing? With how cathartic and focusing an activity blogging has prooven to be for me, what the hell have I been doing not doing it? I know I did a bunch of crap reading, and I spent hours in the gym dedicated to both weights and time on the bikes sufficient to render my legs near useless by Sunday - though I'm glad to see that my leg lifts are still in the superhuman range, though still several hundred pounds below my '03 peak - but I don't know why I didn't find any time to blog during the past week and a half. Surely I have had experiences and/or thoughts worth blogging in that frame of time?

And now for the randomness...

  • Why is there a road crew using a jackhammer outside my hotel room right now, at 2:00 AM? Isn't that a bit inconsiderate? At least those fellows are getting some hefty hazard pay for their disruption of my sleep (should I attempt to attain it)
  • Is there anything Timbaland touches that doesn't turn to gold? I certainly didn't want to like this Nelly Furtado single, but, aside from the chorus, I find it to be infectuous. Is there an album of Timbaland instrumentals out there?
  • Why aren't more folk talking about the fact that the Red Hot Chili Peppers' "Dani California" lifts significant musical elements directly from Tom Petty's "Last Dance With Mary Jane?" Am I just showing my age here? That wasn't that long ago, and Tom was already a fogey then...

1 Comments:

At 8:00 AM, Blogger Tegan O'Neil said...

I think I heard that Petty was thinking about suing. Perhaps the reason he hasn't is that Rick Rubin produced both songs. Of course, how much "production" Rubin actually did on anything is a matter of controversy...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home