Sunday, March 05, 2006

Dialing it in...

Oy vey.

Apologies for the absences/slowness as of late. This weekend I had to take my speech & debate team to a two-day tournament, and the work-week leading up to it was busy and stressful. After the tournament, which was a byzantine and political nightmare, I have at least one student who has a guaranteed spot at April's state tournament. And while that's a great success, especially considering that my team is a first year team at a low-SES urban school of under 400 students, and that I had absolutely no speech & debate experience before beginning my stint as a coach, and it's going to do a lot to curry favor both for me with our administrator and for our school with our district, and that it's just stinkin' cool for the kid, I can't say that I'm all that excited. What with this tournament having been so goddamn stressful, with tab-room errors being made, and one team making a big and ugly ruling protest, and with the league administration getting stressed-the-fuck-out and being generally unpleasant to be around, I kinda had no energy left with which to be excited following the awards ceremony. And quite frankly, I think I'd rather just sleep in on the weekend of the state tournament. At least I can be thankful that the tournament will be hosted at Sierra College, which will be, quite literally, across the street from me...

Anyway, hopefully I'll recover some from the trauma of this weekend and soon begin writing/completing the several big and insightful posts that have been percolating in my head over the past week. We shall return to form. I guarantee it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home