Monday, February 27, 2006

The Origami: I want it...

Finally gadgets are reaching that cusp of smallness and capability that gets my attendtion. First it was the Nano. Now this... Behold, the Microsoft Origami:


Looks to be basically an ultra-small PC. Entirely capable by modern standards - even runs a standard operating system, word is - but the size of a PDA on steroids. I love the idea. Now I only wish I had a lifestyle that justified owning such a gadget. I can imagine flying all over the world to cutting-edge academic conferences... Or taking my Orgami to the cafe or pub to work on my novel... Sigh. For now, my laptop at home, and my laptop at work take care of all my computing needs, and I haven't the free time to do anything so cool as to loiter in a pub nursing a beer and writing the Great American Novel.

Official information will start coming out March 2nd. For now, go here to read up on it... I shall continue to dream up excuses to buy it.

2 Comments:

At 7:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude. I think the Game Boy Advance, the little black fliptop one that came out right around the time of the original iPod, I think it gets the all-time snub award for that polished compactness category you laid out so well. - JD

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Zac said...

Hrmm. Never thought about that. I suppose I'd want the Game Boy Advance too if my interest in gaming hadn't waned.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home