Summer To-Do List
I'm roughly 45 hours away from the start of my summer vacation. The last day of school/graduation is tomorrow, and then there's one more day for the staff to close up show for the summer, expected to wrap up around 4:00 PM on Tuesday, June 3rd. All the grading is done from finals week, scantrons are bubbled - all the hard work is done, I'm already mentally on vacation. Now to make the most of my impending freedom, I think it wise to make a "to do list." What follows it that list.
- Investigate housing options in Davis/possibly (probably) move to Davis.
- Buy a bike. Use it.
- Devise & start a new training mesocycle. Goals: strength maintenance, bodyfat reduction (same goals as the mesocycle I've been running since late March, but I need to switch it up) + bringing up my back (an unassisted pullup? w00t!)
- Read some books. I need to assemble some candidates. I've no idea what to read right now. Work this year has taken the wind out of my reading sails...
- Summit a minor Cascade peak. South Sister? McLoughlin? (Shasta's nixed for this year due to poor conditions & under-training)
- Head up to Yreka for the fair weekend (the last weekend of my summer) & go tubing on the Klamath, go to the fair, & go blackberry picking.
- Brew again - it's been, sheesh, over a year? Weather will mandate a saison of some sort. Have my dad brew with me? (He expressed interest)
- Do some more farmers' market shopping. I'm especially interested in finding local meat.
- Buy some of Old Soul's bacon.
- Go on the ocean fishing trip some of the Yrekans have organized?
- Run the Mt. Shasta 4th of July race ('twood be my first race).
- Eat at Cafe Maddalenna, Billy Goat's Tavern, and Taylor's Refresher (should be able to take care of the last one when I'm at the Napa conference).
- Get "out" on a weekly basis lest I go crazy.
- This one always makes "the list," but rarely happens: paint!
- Update this list as the summer goes on?
All I can muster for now...